Welcome to Alberta CARE
The Association of Alberta Coordinated Action for Recycling Enterprises (Alberta CARE) was established in 2010 as a non-profit enterprise for the purpose of supporting recycling and waste management activities, at the community level, in Alberta. Alberta CARE is an expansion of Northern CARE which was established in 1994.
Dates: February 29 – March 1, 2024
Location: City of Camrose, Alberta
The goals of Alberta CARE, are summarized, as follows:
- Coordinate recycling and waste management activities at the community level.
- Establish partnerships that will bring together diverse interest groups towards a common focus and implementation strategy for recycling and waste management.
- Promote recycling and waste management as part of the day-to-day lifestyle and culture of Albertans.
- Promote awareness of new recycling initiatives to the general public.
- Specifically, the focus is to support communities, recycling groups and institutions, especially schools in implementing a waste recycling culture.
- This support consists of coordinating the purchase of recycling bins and related equipment, education seminars on composting and recycling in schools, organizing annual conferences and holding regular operator workshops to review recycling issues and strategies.
- These activities have encouraged individuals and communities to make recycling a part of their personal involvement and corporate culture in enhancing the environment and resource recovery.